Claim for Damages to Person or Property

Instructions for Filing a Claim for Damages 

  1. A claim for damages to a person or property may be filled out online with upload of supporting documents, print a fillable PDF form, or pick up a paper form from the City of Moses Lake Administration Office located at the Moses Lake Civic Center, 2nd Floor, 401 S. Balsam St., Moses Lake, WA 98837. 
  2. Carefully read and complete a City of Moses Lake claim form.
  3. Attach and sequentially number each additional supporting sheet.
  4. If you wish to receive a conformed copy, YOU MUST provide an extra copy of the claim and a self-addressed stamped envelope.
  5. Return completed paper forms to the City's designated Claims Agent: City of Moses Lake City Clerk in person: 401 S Balsam or, mail: PO Box 1579 Moses Lake, WA 98837, or by depositing in the utility billing night drop behind the Civic Center.

Important item to note when completing the form: The claim form must be signed by the Claimant, a person holding a written power of attorney from the Claimant, by an attorney admitted to practice in Washington State on the Claimant’s behalf or by a court-approved guardian or guardian ad litem on behalf of the Claimant.

The length of the claim investigation varies greatly depending on the complexity of the issues and the availability of documents and witnesses to support causation and damages. The tort claim can be resolved and closed quicker when all relevant information and documents are provided initially for the investigator's consideration.

If you have questions, please email the City Clerk's Office or call the City Clerk at 509-764-3703 for assistance.